Easy to set up and use
Our three-piece computer sound system delivers multichannel sound that seems to surround you — without the clutter of five speakers. The Companion® 5 multimedia speaker system is designed for 5.1-encoded music, games and movies, using just two elegant desktop speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass® module. And set up is easy, with a single USB connection to your computer.
Five-speaker systems are great for home cinema, but not so sensible for your laptop or PC entertainment. Yet without a way to get the most from those 5.1 games and movie soundtracks, you're missing much of the fun.
Our exclusive TrueSpace® surround digital processing circuitry spreads the sound around you, so the enveloping effects seem to come from areas where there aren't even any speakers. The experience is developed especially for computer listening — putting you right in the middle of the music, the game, the special effects.
- Our best computer speaker system for 5.1-encoded games, movies and music delivers immersive sound
- Two small computer speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass® module
- Plug-and-play ease through a single USB connection and power cord
- Handy control pod includes volume, single-touch mute, headphone jack and auxiliary input
Easy to set up and use
Hookup requires only a single USB connection from the computer speaker system to your PC or laptop — no special software, hardware or sound card upgrade needed.* A handy, all-in-one control pod keeps volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and auxiliary input within easy reach. The small, elegant desktop computer speakers come mounted on stands for optimum performance and extra desktop space.
Get more from your music. Get more into the game or movie. Whatever your computer entertainment passion, get more engaged with Bose® Companion® 5 multimedia speakers.
*For optimum performance, we recommend Windows XP or later. For Macintosh computers, OS X 10.4.6 or later.
- Specially engineered speaker arrays come fully assembled on stands for optimum performance and more usable desktop space.
- Handy control pod houses volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and connection for a second audio source such as an MP3 player.
- Compact Acoustimass® module provides clean low frequencies, allowing the desktop speakers to be very small without sacrificing performance. Module can be hidden neatly under your desk.
- Proprietary TrueSpace® surround digital processing circuitry reproduces enveloping sound from just two visible speakers. Engineered for computer speaker listening, it creates a dramatic acoustic environment for games, DVDs and music.
- Single USB connection links the system to your computer. No special software, sound card upgrade, adapters or complicated wiring needed.
- Digital 5.1 audio playback brings music, games, movies and other 5.1-encoded material to life with much of the performance you'd expect from a five-speaker system.
- Magnetically shielded satellite speakers prevent monitor interference or damage to magnetic media.
- Proprietary integrated signal processing delivers lifelike performance at almost any volume level.
- Compression circuitry keeps your music clear and undistorted at high volume levels.
- Active electronic equalisation balances low, mid and high frequencies for more natural tone and clarity.
- Dual inputs let you enjoy two audio sources simultaneously – one from your computer, the other from a portable audio device.
|Each satellite speaker||22.5cm||14.7cm||9.7cm||0.9kg|
|System in carton||26.7cm||38.6cm||50.1cm||12.3kg|
To view and print you'll need Adobe Reader:
No. All you need is a USB port on your computer to experience the multichannel sound of these speakers.
Yes. The module is compact and can be hidden under or almost anywhere around your desk.
Yes. Use the headphone jack located on the handy desktop control pod.
For optimum performance, we recommend Windows XP or later. For Macintosh computers, OS X or later.
The system has two audio inputs: a 5.1 input for your computer and a stereo input for auxiliary audio devices.
Yes. The control pod includes an auxiliary input for playing other audio sources through the system.