Start the application
- In the File Download window, click Run or Save.
- If Run, follow the prompts to perform the update.
- If Save, select a location for saving the file (Bose_AE2w_BT_Headphone_Update.exe). Then start the application from your hard drive and follow the prompts to perform the update.
- Wait for your computer to download the file. It will appear on your desktop as a hard drive icon.
- A window should open. Drag the update application file to the desktop as indicated (If the window doesn't open, double-click the icon.)
- Run the update application from your desktop and follow the prompts to perform the update.
If the update process fails to work, click the technical support link for help.
Bose® SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphones frequently asked questions
What is the purpose of the Bose SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphones firmware update application?
This application allows for a simple, immediate software download directly to your computer and into the Bose SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphones.
Periodic updates may be needed to keep your Bose SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphone compatible with mobile devices released after your headsphone's manufacture date.
Yes. The PC or Mac used for the update must meet the minimum system requirements found on the download site.
You can use the USB charging cable provided with the headset. Or, use any USB to micro-USB cable you may have, usually supplied with a digital camera or GPS.
While the application is running, it will create and utilize temporary working files. When the application has finished and closed, it will remove all temporary working files, leaving behind the driver and the downloaded application file (Windows machines only). The application file can be deleted from your computer after the update is complete, but we recommend leaving the driver installed on your computer to make future upgrades easier.
The update may take as long as five minutes to complete.