5. Run the application
- In the File Download window, click Run or Save
- If Run, follow the prompts to perform the update
- If Save, select a location for saving the file (Bose_Update_Application.exe). Then start the application from your hard drive and follow the prompts to perform the update
Note for Windows users:
If you have multiple user accounts on your computer, you
may be prompted to input administrator credentials in
order to run the application.
- Wait for your computer to download the file. It will appear on your desktop as a hard drive icon
- A window should open. Drag the update application file to the desktop as indicated (If the window doesn't open, double-click the icon)
- Run the update application from your desktop and follow the prompts to perform the update
6. Now that the update has been saved to your USB drive, remove the USB drive from your computer and return to your Bose® Solo system to perform the update. Once again, make sure your system is powered on and the green light on the system is solid on
7. Insert the USB drive into the connector labeled "Service." The update will start automatically and the light will change from solid green to solid amber, briefly blinking every few seconds
8. The update will take a few seconds to complete. The light on the Bose Solo system will extinguish, and an audible chirp will signify that the update is finished
9. Once the light is extinguished and a chirp is heard, remove your USB drive from your Bose Solo system. The system will return to normal operation once the USB drive is removed and the system is powered on
If the update process fails to work, click the Troubleshooting link for help.
Frequently asked questions
This application allows for a simple, immediate software download directly from Bose to your computer, and then to the Bose Solo TV sound system.
Updating the software will ensure the system is functioning optimally.
Yes. The PC or Mac used for the update must meet the minimum system requirements found on the download site.
Only temporarily. While the application is running, it will create and utilize temporary working files. When the application has finished and closed, it will remove all temporary working files, including the application itself.
You can use nearly any USB thumb drive with at least 10MB of available space. A drive that appears as either a hard disk or a "composite device" will not work. The drive must be FAT or FAT32 formatted.
No. If you have other files on the thumb drive, they will not be affected by the update process. However, if you previously ran a Bose update with this thumb drive, make sure all files with the extension *.bos are removed before starting the update process.
It should take only a few minutes at your PC to download the update from Bose. It will take only a few seconds to run the update on your Bose Solo system.
It is on the rear of the system and is labeled "Service."