Start the application
- In the File Download window, click Run or Save
- If Run, follow the prompts to perform the update
- If Save, select a location for saving the file (Bose_System_Updater.exe). Then start the application from your hard drive and follow the prompts to perform the update
- Wait for your computer to download the file. It will appear on your desktop as a hard drive icon
- A window should open. Drag the updater file to the desktop as indicated. (If the window doesn't open, double-click the icon.)
- Run the system updater from your desktop and follow the prompts to perform the update
If the update process fails to work, click the technical support link for help.
System update frequently asked questions
This application allows for a simple, immediate software update directly from Bose to your computer and into your system.
Bose® home entertainment systems are engineered to be compatible with new audio and video devices as they come to market. This software update adds new features and remote control codes that your system will likely need to work with these new devices.
No. The update works with all VideoWave® entertainment systems and the Lifestyle® V35, V25, T20, T10, 135 and 235 systems—or any other Lifestyle® system with a USB port.
Yes, with minimum operating system requirements: PC's must run Windows XP or higher. Macs must run OS 10 or higher.
Only temporarily. While the application is running, it will create and utilize temporary working files. When the application has finished and closed, it will remove all temporary working files including the application itself.
You may use any flash drive with a capacity of over 1GB to update your system. Simply follow the directions in the download application.
The update can take up to 15 minutes. An "update successful" message will appear once it has been completed.
Yes, once you download the software update, your Lifestyle® system will be fully compatible with 3D video sources. Just connect a 3D TV and a 3D-capable Blu-ray Disc™ player, gaming console or other such device to your Lifestyle® system. You're now ready to enjoy 3D movies, broadcasts or games. For more information on the system's 3D capabilities, review our supplemental owner's guide.
Please note: The software update for the Bose® control console will not enable the VideoWave® entertainment systems to render 3D video.
Bose® product system updates
When important product updates are available, we may send an email notification. Would you like to receive it?Sign up now »
I no longer wish to receive Bose product system update emails.Unsubscribe now »
Have you registered your product?Register now »