Your Privacy Rights
Ensuring you understand what personal information Bose Corporation ("Bose," "we," "us" or "our") collects about you, how we use and share this information, and the steps you can take to limit this use or sharing, is fundamental to our respect for our customers.
This website is maintained by Bose Corporation in Framingham, Massachusetts in the United States. The personal information we collect on this website may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of your country for the purposes described in this policy.
Personal information we collect
In general, we collect personal information about you to support your relationship with Bose and to manage our business. We obtain personal information through various means, including:
- Forms and requests you submit to us
- Our transactions with you, including the product updates
The personal information we collect may include:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address and other contact information
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, including product update transactions
- Online browsing information, such as the pages you visit and related site usage (for details see "Web-related information collection" below)
- Such other information we may collect with consent or as permitted or required by law
We may combine the personal information we receive from one source with information we receive from other sources.
Web-related information collection
Web pages may contain an electronic file called a web beacon that is an image used to transmit information. Bose uses web beacons in a number of ways, including to count users and to recognize them by accessing Bose cookies, which enables us to personalize your experience, and verify your Bose product registration. Web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information.
We automatically receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Bose cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page(s) you request.
Certain links within our site may take you to third-party websites (not owned or maintained by Bose). The inclusion of such links is for your convenience only, and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of these sites or their content. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third-party websites, as those policies govern your interactions with those sites.
This is a general-audience website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
How we use personal information
In general, we use the personal information we collect to support your relationship with Bose and to manage our business. We may use your personal information for various purposes, including:
- To provide you notification regarding product updates and to provide you with such updates
- To provide you with information about products you have purchased from us
- To maintain business records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business
- To detect and protect against fraud
- To meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements
- For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law
Why and how we share personal information
Bose may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and to non-affiliated third parties as follows:
- To detect and protect against fraud
- To our worldwide affiliates for internal audit, processing and security requirements
- As necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements
- For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law
Bose may transfer personal information to third party agents or service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) we engage to provide various services on our behalf, such as:
- Hosting and maintaining our website
- Providing some of the services you use on our websites
- Managing some of our internal operations such as data analysis, site activity, data collection and emails
- Call center
- Administrative, billing or other processing services
- Other purposes, such as to collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy
Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of your country, including in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of your country for the purposes described in this policy. Reasonable contractual and other measures we may take to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers are subject to legal requirements in the United States and other countries applicable to our affiliates, agents and service providers (for example, lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries).
Bose collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Opting Out of Email Notifications
You may opt out of receiving future email notifications regarding Bose product updates by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link on the product download page.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees and agents of Bose who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Unless prohibited by law, this policy is governed by United States law notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.