A free app for your SoundTouch™ Wi-Fi® music system
The SoundTouch™ app lets you control your Bose® SoundTouch™ system from your computer. Use the app to explore Internet radio, music services or your music library. Start streaming music instantly, or use the app to easily personalize your system's presets to your favorite music content. First, install the SoundTouch™ app onto a computer on your home network, then use the app to set up your system. This takes about 20 minutes.
SoundTouch™ systems connect to the Internet and your computer via your home network, either wirelessly (Wi-Fi®) or by wire (Ethernet). Once you are connected, you can choose from select Internet radio and music services, and play music files stored on your computer. Six convenient presets found on each system (or its remote) can be easily personalized through the SoundTouch™ app on a smartphone, tablet or computer. Once these are set, you won't need to turn on any smart device or launch an app to begin listening to music. Simply press one of the preset buttons and enjoy your favorite streaming music wirelessly.
That's how you connect your SoundTouch™ system to your home Wi-Fi® network. Then you can use the app to access Internet radio, select music services and your music library, and create presets for your SoundTouch™ system.
- Microsoft Windows® computers running on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 or 64-bit Apple® Macintosh® computers running OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Broadband Internet connection
- Home Wi-Fi network (802.11b/g compatible)
- Computer on your network
- Network name and password
- Any router that uses the 802.11b/g wireless protocol
Download the SoundTouch™ app onto a computer. The app guides you through setup, which instructs you to:
1. Connect the SoundTouch™ system to a power source and your computer
2. Enter your Wi-Fi® network credentials, or connect via an Ethernet cable
3. Update system software (if needed)
4. Create a SoundTouch™ account
5. Point the app toward your music library
6. Log in to music services (where available)
For home theater and VideoWave® systems, use the Unify® interface (the Bose menus on your TV screen) to connect to your Wi-Fi network. When you're done, you can download the SoundTouch™ app and follow steps 3 through 6 from the list above.
No, at this time you must use your PC or laptop to set up your SoundTouch™ system. Once you've completed the setup using your computer, though, you can download the free SoundTouch™ app to control the system from your mobile device.
To install the app for your smartphone or tablet:
- For iOS users: download the SoundTouch™ controller app from the App Store
- For Android™ users: download the SoundTouch™ controller app from the Google Play™ store
Support for your SoundTouch™ system
To find technical support or owner’s guides for your SoundTouch™ system, please visit our Product Support site.
Contact our technical support team for troubleshooting, setup and technical assistance. For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call.