Optimizing headphone performance
Enter a new realm of listening. Following these suggestions will help ensure you enjoy all the benefits of your headphones.
- Be sure your headphones fit properly. They are designed to make a snug seal around your ears without putting pressure on your head. To find the right fit, simply put your headphones on and slide the headband adjusters until both earcups completely surround your ears, with the cushions resting comfortably around, not on, your ears
- Check the R (right) and L (left) markings on the earcups to ensure correct positioning
- Avoid overextending the headband and earcups outward when putting on or removing the headphones
- Be sure the headphone plug is fully inserted into a jack or adapter. You may only get a single channel of audio if the connection isn't complete
- Many portable audio devices have a bass-boost switch to electronically alter audio signals sent to the headphone jack. Your headphones have patented technology that reproduces a full range of sound, so there's no need to use a bass-boost feature or other tone controls. For the best audio performance, disable bass boost on your portable audio device. Leaving bass boost on may result in exaggerated bass and potential distortion
- To preserve battery life, be sure to turn off the power switch (located on the right earcup) when you have finished using your headphones
When not in use, store your headphones in their protective carry case, along with the extension cord and adapters. To fold the earcups flat for storage, hold the earcup marked L in your left hand and the earcup marked R in your right hand. Gently rotate your thumbs together until each earcup turns 90 degrees. Once you've placed your headphones in the case, store it in a safe place where it will not be compressed or harmed
- Make sure your headphone cable is not cut or frayed. Be careful when disconnecting it from an audio device or removing it from the earcup. Do not pull on the cable—instead, hold the base of the headphone plug or audio attenuator and pull gently
- If your headphones need cleaning, gently wipe the outside surfaces with a slightly damp cloth. Be careful not to allow any moisture to enter the headphones through the ports or earcups. Make sure no dirt or debris is forced into the ports. Do not blow air into or vacuum the ports or the interior of the earcups. If the cushions become dirty, wipe them gently with a moist cloth and be careful not to force any moisture or debris into the earcup. Do not use any cleaning solutions on the cushions
- Keep headphone plug and adapters free of debris by gently wiping the connections with a clean, dry cloth
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry you couldn't find the information you wanted. We can help. Please contact us.